Start Run Remote Desktop
This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
You can run Remote Desktop Services Manager from any of the following locations:
- Start menu
- Server Manager
- Microsoft Management Console
Remote Desktop Services Manager is only available in Server Manager if the Remote Desktop Services role is installed on the computer. In addition, when you use Remote Desktop Services Manager in Server Manager, you can only monitor the Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) server on which you are running Server Manager; you cannot monitor additional RD Session Host servers, and RD Session Host server groups are not available.
To run Remote Desktop Services Manager from the Start menu
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, point to Remote Desktop Services, and then click Remote Desktop Services Manager.
- Click Start, click Run, type tsadmin.msc, and then press ENTER.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the left pane, expand Roles.
- Expand Remote Desktop Services, and then click Remote Desktop Services Manager.
- Click Start, click Run, type mmc, and then press ENTER.
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Under Available snap-ins, click Remote Desktop Services Manager, and then click Add.
- In the Select Computer dialog box, select whether you want to connect to the local computer or to another computer. If you select Another Computer, either type in the name of the computer or use Browse to search for the computer.