Remote Desktop to my Home PC
Important! Computing & Technology Services has implemented a new Remote Desktop Gateway server to act as "connection broker" between your home computer and your campus PC. The Gateway is more secure method of connecting and will greatly reduce the amount of unwanted traffic that hits our campus network.
If you access your PC from home, you'll need to perform the steps below on your home PC if you wish to continue using Remote Desktop. The old method of using the IP address to connect to your campus PC will cease to function on Wednesday, May 27, 2015. The Gateway is ready to use now, so make these changes today and test your connection through the Gateway before the old method is no longer available. Contact the RITE Support Desk (878-4357) with any questions.
Follow these steps on your home PC to configure the RD Gateway connection:
1. Open Remote Desktop Connection by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Remote Desktop Connection, and then, in the list of results, click Remote Desktop Connection.
2. Click Show Options, click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Connect from anywhere.
3. On the RD Gateway Server Settings screen, enter the settings exactly as they appear below:
4. Click OK, and then return to the General tab.
5. In the Computer box, enter the of your campus PC.
Please note: You must enter the device name of your campus PC. The old method of using the IP address to connect to your campus PC will cease to function on Wednesday, May 27, 2015.
6. Enter bsclogon\ followed by your Buffalo State username in the User name field.
7. Click the Save button to save the RD Gateway configuration settings.
8. Click Connect and enter your Buffalo State password when prompted.
9. If you receive a message like the one below, check the Don’t ask me again for connections to this computer box and click Connect.