Remote Desktop Connection to another computer
part of Windows 8.1 Essential Training.
ReleasedWindows 8 was a new direction for Microsoft, offering mobile integration, cloud storage, and security enhancements. But some people were unhappy with its design. Windows 8.1 answers these complaints and takes Windows a step further. In this course, David Rivers shows you all its essential features. Take a tour of the interface, review the new file and folder behaviors, and meet the most useful apps, including Calendar, Photos, Maps, and Music. David also shows how to adjust system settings like default programs and volume, work with external devices, and set up networks. The final chapters show you how to keep your computer even more secure with Access Control and Windows Defender, and how to troubleshoot potential issues, like reversing fatal crashes. Topics include:
- Using touch screens and gestures
- Organizing files and folders
- Managing your inbox with the Mail app
- Working with photos
- Managing contacts in the People app
- Controlling system sounds, volume, and accessibility options
- Getting connected to other PCs and devices
- Keeping your PC secure with Windows Update
- Using parental controls to block unwanted content
- Printing from Windows 8
- Fixing issues with the Problem Steps Recorder
- Keeping file backups with File History
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Show More Show Less
Windows 8.1 Essential Training will be retired from the lynda.com library on June 2nd, 2017. Training videos and exercise files will no longer be available, but the course will still appear in your course history and certificates of completion. For updated training, check out Windows 8.1 Essential Training in the lynda.com Online Training Library.
You started this assessment previously and didn't complete it. You can pick up where you left off, or start over.