How to Start Remote Desktop From Run?
This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
You can run Remote Desktop Gateway Manager from any of the following locations:
- Start menu
- Server Manager
- Microsoft Management Console
Remote Desktop Gateway Manager is only available in Server Manager if the RD Gateway role service is installed on the computer.
Membership in the local Administrators group, or equivalent, on the RD Gateway server that you plan to configure, is the minimum required to complete this procedure. Review details about using the appropriate accounts and group memberships at .
To open the Remote Desktop Gateway Manager from the start menu
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, point to Remote Desktop Services, and then click Remote Desktop Gateway Manager.
- Click Start, click Run, type tsgateway.msc and then press ENTER.
To open the Remote Desktop Gateway Manager from Server Manager
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the left pane, expand Roles.
- Expand Remote Desktop Services, and then click RD Gateway Manager.
To run Remote Desktop Gateway Manager from the Microsoft Management Console
- Click Start, click Run, type mmc and then press ENTER.
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Under Available snap-ins, click Remote Desktop Gateway Manager, and then click Add.