How to access my Desktop Remote?
Needless to say, this is a wonderful app to have, definitely more than 5 stars. I'm not on the go much and when I do end up on the go I either bring my laptop with me or have no use for it. But this app is still pretty fun to play around with. There are only a few things that I would say could be done with the app:
- Latency can be reduced. I have a feeling it is something to do with the app, because it will lag on my iPod while my laptop is running quite fine.
- Add mouse wheel, left click, and right click buttons off to the side when using the mouse. That would be a nice addition and add more functionality to the mouse.
- Fix the mouse sync. When I move the mouse on my iPod, it is in sync with my laptop, but when I move the mouse on my laptop, it does not sync with the mouse on my iPod.
- Add full screen support. I noticed that apps in full screen will not appear on my iPod.
- Earlier I said I like to toy around with it. It is pretty fun to play games on my laptop through my iPod. This goes along with the mouse sync part, but it would be nice if the mouse in the app would go to the center of the screen when playing games. It makes it a little hard to play games when, depending on where your mouse is, you constantly make a hard left. Oh well!
If you did these things, it would still be worth more than 5 stars! Keep up the good work, Google!
Great Lightweight App - a few suggestions to make it Excellectby Mross002
Really is a great lightweight app, can almost always connect to the machine I need to, responds fast, doesn't slow down the machine, etc. My main suggestion would be multi-tasking, it can take 10-15 seconds to connect and if your phone locks, you switch apps (perhaps you need to check something in your email, Notes or a text message, etc) it disconnects you and you need to connect all over again. Other suggestions include ability to add a button for Ctrl (other special keys as well but this is probably the most needed / common), and finally clipboard support would be great. But overall is a solid free method for connecting to a machine remotely.
Great effort & easy to set up, but lacking basic featuresby Amr Amin
This was a breeze to set up. I just followed the instructions and was able to remotely access my MacBook Air from my iPad within minutes. The only problem, however, is that the on-screen keyboard within the app as well as BT keyboard support is VERY limited. How limited, you ask? Well, the arrow keys don't work, so typing is kind of wonky and interrupted with frequent tapping to put the cursor where you want it. Pressing delete will work as a backspace, but pressing fn+delete does not work, neither do any other fn+ shortcuts. Other shortcuts like CMD+C or ctrl+C to copy/paste don't work either. Google, thanks for the free product, but please update keyboard support! Thanks.